November 4, 2001 a damage survey was performed on the
Wave Dancer at the dock at Big Creek, Belize. The boat was declared a
total constructive loss.
- On December 5, 2001 Peter Hughes transfered ownership of the Wave
Dancer to trustee Denys A. Barrow, a lawyer in
- A court
order for the sale of Wave Dancer was issued June 4, 2002.
- Reserve price for the online auction was set at $125,000.
- SalvageSale.com declined to provide further information
about the sale of the boat, but did indicate that there were many
bidders for the wreck, and that the sales price was impressive.
Craft, Inc. 110ft Offshore Sport Dive Vessel
board Sport Dive Vessel
New photos as of 7/31/02
Originally built as an offshore crew boat. This vessel was converted
into a live on board passenger boat in 1992.
Quantity: 1 Vessel
- Port of Registry: Belize
- Built: 1972 by: Gulf Craft Inc., USA
- Original Hull design: 110 Foot Offshore Crew boat
- Former Name: Super Squirrel II
- Construction: Aluminum
- Type: Mono Hull
- Gross Tonnage : 211
- Main Engines: 2 GM 12V71 (presently preserved in Lube
- Main Engine Gearboxes: 2 Twin Disc 514
- Generator Engines: 2 GM 6V71 (presently preserved in Lube
- Generators: 2 - 75 kw 220v/110v
- Overall Length: 120 feet
- Beam: 25 feet
- Max Passengers: 20
- Crew Accomodations: 7
- Staterooms: 10
- Number of Rooms: 3 Master Staterooms, 4 Deluxe Staterooms,
3 Twin Staterooms
- Fuel Capacity: 3500 gallons
- Fresh Water Capacity: 1500 gallons
- Cruising Speed: 12 knots
- Range: 1300 nautical miles
- Navigation Aids: Removed
- Compressors : Water Damaged
Value: $2,400,000.00 (Original Cost/Invoice)
Location: Big Creek, Belize
Currently Stored in: open air
- Scheduled End Time: 9/6/02 11:30:00 AM CT
- Scheduled Time Remaining: Listing Has Closed
- Market Maker: Mike Sloane (713-286-4656)
During a Hurricane the vessel was moored in a cove that was affected by
hurricane. A combination of strong winds and surging water caused the
boat to roll over and submerge.
- The Hull appears to be undamaged based on survey reports.
- All soft furnishings and undamaged fittings have been
removed from the the vessel
- Contact Mike Sloane at (713) 286-4656
- Bids contingent on inspection will not be considered.
- AS IS
- No storage charges
- All inspections must be made prior to the end of the
- To the best of our knowledge the information above is
accurate. The seller makes no guarantees of the amenities or items